Tuesday 10 December 2013

Christmas is here....

I have had two really lovely days in school.  Yesterday, I saw Oakfield KS2 children performing a range of songs and dances for their parents in the morning.  I then saw Temple Hill's Reception and KS1 children in a wonderful play with even more singing and dancing.  This morning I watched Oakfield's KS1 children attempt some pretty tricky songs - held together by a brilliant Mr and Mrs Claus (narrators).  Tomorrow I am looking forward to Oakfield's Early Years' production.

We all love seeing our children singing and dancing.  Even the smallest part in a school play makes parents and children alike, very proud.  I am incredibly proud of all our children - and parents - for making Christmas' early start at our schools very special.

Over the next week and a half there are plenty of activities to get involved in at both schools.  I know Oakfield children are very welcome to Temple Hill's Christmas Fair on Friday this week...  Oakfield Y5 and Y6 are off ice-skating next week (good luck teachers!) whilst all of Temple Hill and our younger children at Oakfield will be off to the pantomime.  "Oh no they won't - oh yes they will!!!"

PLEASE come and support our family craft sessions if you possible can.  Your children love you being in school - and we love inviting you in too.

Finally, I would like to thank all the adults in school who make Christmas such a great time for our children.  Many of our adults have children themselves, and are busily preparing for family Christmas events.  However, night after night, the adults in our schools are preparing extra special activities and resources to make this time of year exciting in both of our schools. 

Going back to the Christmas shows that many of us have seen in the last two days.  They may last half an hour.  There may be the odd "quiet" voice or forgotten word.  However, the amount of time and effort put in to preparing these shows is immense.  I think a great big thank you to all staff is well deserved.

I'm off to my son's new school on Thursday to watch his production.  Haydn rarely spoke three and a half years ago.  His disabilities mean that many everyday things for a mainstream child are incredibly tiring for Haydn.  Two years ago I remember seeing H in a school play.  He was left off the stage as his wheelchair couldn't fit, and he was dressed as a reindeer...  So imagine how proud I am of my son who this year is the MAIN PART in his school play - "Big, Bad, Ben."  This is a show about Ben who is a bit naughty, and tries to disrupt the Christmas story.  I told his teacher this week that obviously Haydn didn't have to try TOO hard to be "Big, Bad Ben" as his behaviour at home wasn't always exemplary!  Whether he remembers all of his lines or not, I will really appreciate the opportunity to go and watch him and his friends, and I will remember the huge amount of work put in by the school to ensure my memories of Haydn at school this Christmas are special ones.

Have a good week.

GR

No comments:

Post a Comment