Tuesday 18 March 2014

Spring is Sprung!

It is amazing how quickly the weeks zoom by...  It seems only last week we were battling the rain and the wind, and now the sun is out and children seem happier, brighter and more alert.  It is amazing what a bit of sun will do!

Today, myself and my other half are off to "adoption panel."  After adopting our two boys last year, we then began fostering two little girls and decided after a very short time that they should become part of our family too.  Hopefully, by the end of today, we will have the girls approved for adoption, and then it is only the court process to finalise, in order to make the two girls "Ratcliffe's".  This is a very special day for us, and I wanted you all to know.

Being a dad, I fully appreciate and understand the huge amount of trust that parents put in to the school when they leave their most treasured children in our care.  I know that we try our very best to ensure your children are kept safe and secure - and I also know that we do our very best to ensure they have rich, varied and fun learning experiences.  Sometimes though we get things wrong, and parents feel rightly let-down by the school.  I can't promise that mistakes will never happen, but I can promise that we will listen to any concerns that you may have and act on them as soon as we possibly can.  That's why there are always school adults at the doors and gates every morning.  We always try to have an open door policy, enabling you to share your concerns at the earliest opportunity.

The first person you should always approach with any concerns is the class teacher.  They can be contacted by e-mail, or you can call the school, requesting that the teacher calls.  Alternatively, the teacher is available at the end of every day when they dismiss the children - please bear in mind though that teachers run clubs after school, so it may not always be possible to have a long conversation immediately.

If your concerns are not addressed, then any senior member of staff will help you - and I am fully confident that Dawn Funge and Sara White, my Heads of School will take on board any issues raised.  Both Heads of School keep me fully informed as to the issues arising on a daily basis, so even when I am not dealing with an issue directly, I am still aware.

When you feel issues are not being resolved, I am available on e-mail, which I always answer within the day, or I can be contacted through the school office to arrange an appointment.

We want to make sure your children are thriving - and sometimes when issues occur, we need to work together to resolve these matters.  After all, our job is to ensure your child has a full, balanced, varied and fun learning experience at school, and we equip them for their onward journey to secondary school.

Have a wonderful week, and I hope the sun keeps shining!

GR

No comments:

Post a Comment