Friday 18 May 2012

Oakfield and Temple Hill

Friday is here again.  I'm really not sure where the week has gone.
Today all parents are receiving a letter from our Chair or Governors to say that from September, I will be Executive Head of Oakfield and Temple Hill.
Some parents may find this a difficult decision, as their view will be that headteachers should be for one school.  In an ideal situation, I may agree - but times are changing within education - and certainly within the UK, there are just not enough headteachers to go around.  Did you know that in the last two years, there have been schools in Dartford that have advertised for a  headteacher 5, 6 or 7 times....?  On top of that, I would love to be leading two schools - it is a fantastic opportunity for me personally, a great career move, and a decision that could see me staying in Dartford for a good few more years.
Working with Temple Hill will be a very positive move for us at Oakfield.  We can learn lots from them, and they can learn lots from us too.
My excellent Leadership Team will continue to lead the school well, and I will still be overall in charge.  Nothing will really change, apart from perhaps that I will have less input in to day to day decisions.  My first priority though will still be your children, and how we can improve their outcomes in learning.

There will be a meeting for parents advertised next week.  I look forward to seeing you there!

GR

No comments:

Post a Comment