Thursday 14 June 2012

26 more sleeps!

Morning all,

I have been reliably informed that there are only 26 more sleeps (school nights only!) until the end of this term, and therefore the end of the academic year.  There are also so many things happening this term, that time is likely to fly by.

We have become paperless (or as paperless as possible!) from this term...  Can you spread the word between friends and other parents that they all need to be registered with Parent Mail in order to receive newsletters and other letters which directly affect their child.  It is quite amazing really... We have sent out original letters, reminders, personal reminder letters and follow up reminders.  My office team have also phoned each parent who has not registered, and there are still far too many who have NOT registered.  I am registered as a parent with my little boy's school, and I find the service invaluable, so, as I say, please spread the word.

The Olympics is obviously going to dominate much of the work we do this term.  Last night, I had dinner with Chris Cook, our Team GB friend, who swam for Team GB in the last Olympics.  He was told yesterday that he was going to be a torch bearer in a couple of weeks, so hopefully, by the time he visits school, he will have the torch with him, so our children will get to have a look.

Finally, watch out for a letter going out about a possible residential trip to Turkey in October.  We will be inviting children from next year's Year 6 and Year 5 to participate in what is sure to be an amazing experience.

Please come along to my HT Presentation this Friday at 6pm.  I will be repeating the presentation I did a couple of weeks ago, which talks about Ofsted and our future federation with Temple Hill Primary School.

That's it for now.  Time to go and grab a coffee before the business of the day begins!

GR

No comments:

Post a Comment